I just installed drupal as blog software and converted the old blog entries to the new table format.

This is (a part of) the SQL code:

INSERT INTO node_revisions SELECT a.id, a.id, 1, c.value, b.value, SUBSTRING_INDEX(b.value, '.', 6), null, changed, 4 FROM public_websites.ndev_liveContent a JOIN public_websites.ndev_liveContentData b ON a.id = b.content_id JOIN public_websites.ndev_liveContentData c ON a.id = c.content_id WHERE b.name = 'body' AND b.language_id = 1 AND c.name = 'title' AND c.language_id = 1 AND a.parent_id = 1 AND a.type_id = 9;

Just in case you're interested in the mater... And please don't forget to increment the values in the sequences table after importing your data!

First things I noticed were that PHP code is a default input format (how secure is that!?) and that multi-language support is missing in the default distribution - maybe that is available as module, but some major changes to the database tables would be required too. Looks like my 5 years old Adaptive Website Framework software ;)

So the conclusion is: Drupal is ok as lightweight blog and content management software, if you don't want to use it in a multi-lingual enterprise environment. It seems to be stable and has a good usability (better than AWF, I must admit). Also a plus is that it comes with support for RSS/Atom feeds and there is a PEAR::Text_Wiki input filter module available, so that I could avoid converting all my existing content. It fits my needs for now :)

The original idea was to use Zend Framework for this site, but there are just too many other projects I have to care for... no time to develop the required controllers. Reinventing the wheel is not a good idea anyways.